Unit 2 Discussion 1 Using Descriptive Statistics
For this discussion:
• Discuss your previous experience with descriptive statistics. For example, you have probably
encountered descriptive statistics in an undergraduate course and in journal articles.
• Analyze the strengths and limitations of descriptive statistics.
• Finally, discuss how you might use descriptive statistics in your professional or academic future.
• Remember to cite your supporting references.
Unit 2 Study 1- Readings
Use your Warner text, Applied Statistics: From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques , to complete
• Read Chapter 2, “Basic Statistics, Sampling Error, and Confidence Intervals,” pages 41–80. This
reading addresses the following topics:
◦ Sample mean ( M).
◦ Sum of squared deviations ( SS).
◦ Sample variance ( s2).
◦ Sample standard deviation ( s).
◦ Sample standard error ( SE).
◦ Confidence intervals (CIs).
• Read Chapter 4, “Preliminary Data Screening” pages 125–184. This reading addresses the following
◦ Problems in real data.
◦ Identification of errors and inconsistencies.
◦ Missing values.
◦ Data screening for individual variables.
◦ Data screening for bivariate analysis.
◦ Data transformations.
◦ Reporting preliminary data screening.
SOE Learners – Suggested Readings
Young, J. R., Young, J. L., & Hamilton, C. (2014). The use of confidence intervals as a meta-analytic lens to
summarize the effects of teacher education technology courses on preservice teacher TPACK. Journal
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more