Research Project #1, MTH – 154 Quantitative Reasoning
Compare the prices of popular models of new/used cars in Woodbridge, VA and Toronto, Canada (you can choose different cities in Canada and USA)
ü Be introduced to the research process
ü Practice researching real consumer information
ü Practice calculations and visualization of information in Excel
ü Apply and improve your working skills in Excel Working Worksheets
1. Open Excel, use landscape orientation. In the second row of your Excel worksheet, write your full name and class.
2. Copy table 1 (below) into Excel 5 times, deleting the sample years and cars. Pay attention to charts: they must be visible as a whole piece. Save your file so you don’t lose your work!
3. Select 5 car makes and models. You must select 5 models from any 5 years of production. This resource can help: https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-
4. Each car make/model gets its own table. Enter model year into each Table in Column 1 & car make/model into each Table in Column 2. Save your work!
5. Fill columns 3 & 4 with online price information from a car dealership in both countries (you may need to find and select other dealerships to get the model years you need): https://www.hendrickhondava.com/ https://www.autopark.ca
6. Using the link below, convert cost information from Canadian dealership into US dollars and enter cost in column 5: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ Save your work!
7. Using the following link, calculate and include the information about import fees to column 6: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car Save your work!
8. Show two different charts for information in Table 1 for columns 2, 3 & 7. Save your work!
9. Write your conclusion part 1: Select 1 vehicle. How much will you pay (in total) if you decide to import this new or used car from Canada? Will you save or lose money if you purchase in US?
10. Write your conclusion part 2: How you can introduce the result of your research? The conclusion must include the quantitative reasonings. Save your work!
11. At the end of the report, provide an MLA works cited list of all websites used. MLA Style Guide
12. Save the file with your full name, Upload the file in Canvas -> Assignments. The Extension of file must be xls or xlsx. Please check all pages in your file must be properly formatted and easy for analyzing.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more